Sunday, July 22, 2012

Juice Cleanse Follow-up

Coming off of my juice cleanse, I decided to keep eating the same fruits and veggies I had been juicing, just in solid form. This was to continue to cleanse my body and boost my immunity. I kept animal products to a minimum, I probably had a bite of my son's organic chicken, and that was it for the week. I do admit to indulging in a mini cupcake, I felt I deserved it. ;)

Unfortunately, I had to have a procedure on my digestive system for a previous issue (one I mentioned in My Juicing Journey), it had nothing to do with the cleanse; just a timing coincidence. So I couldn't really stick to my plan of "vegan week", I had to fast pre-op, and be on a clear liquid diet 48 hours post-op. I'm still on the liquid diet and it's torture!

I'm sorry for the disappointment, since I didn't post meals as promised. Another time, my dear readers, another time. However, I have lost another 3 lbs this week, so it wasn't a total waste! (Although I'm pretty sure the fasting/liquid diet combo had something to do with that!)

The juice cleanse did get rid of my dry scalp issues, and a scar I had on my knee (it's at least 10 years old) that was yellow and gross looking, it's now moisturized and blended into my skin more. No matter how much I moisturized before, it stayed gross, therefore, I believe getting concentrated nutrition via juicing helped heal it from the inside. I was very pleased! Good luck to all who attempt a juice cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...