Monday, March 19, 2012

Everyday Miracles

I think there are mysterious and wonderful things happening around us everyday, but most people don't open their eyes to see it.

For example, when my son was about three or four months old, he used to look over my shoulder and smile. This is normal, of course babies smile at everything, but he was focusing on something as if somebody was standing there. It started to freak me out a little bit because he would always do it when we were home alone and I thought someone was standing behind me. He eventually stopped, so i assumed whatever or whoever it was had left until a week or two ago.

My backyard needed to be mowed badly, so I was looking out my kitchen window at it and realized there was a tulip beside a tree in my yard. This was weird for a few reasons: 1) We have never planted any tulips out there 2) There weren't any tulips out there seven years ago when my husband bought the house 3) My grandpa was obsessed with tulips when he was alive, tulips and the moon! He loved them both. 4) It bloomed on the full moon.

I believe that was a sign that my grandfather is still with me and watching over my son, who happens to be name after him. Another weird thing is after I picked it and took it out to the cemetery (figured I should give it back to him,) I asked my husband if we could plant a ring of tulips around that tree in honor of my grandpa, he said we couldn't because the roots of that tree are so entangled in the bed around it that you can't plant anything. Tulips aren't a flower that just pops up in a bed that nothing else can grow in, thus my theory that if you just open your eyes, and even your third eye, you will notice amazing things happening in your own backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...