Saturday, March 17, 2012

Revamp Time

Like an old gay man, I have many chotchkies. I love them, all the little, useless, yet interesting statues and candle holders that are completely unnecessary in my decor, but make my day that much brighter. However, I have grown tired of some of the rather plain ones and decided to give them a little makeover. It took about one minute from start to finish, so it's pretty easy.

I have a lot of clear glass and crystal candles holders and wanted them to have something more. I contemplated painting or spray painting them (I've been on a metallic spray paint kick lately), but then I realized I have a lot of skanky tights I don't wear. Now, not all patterned rights are skanky, but on me, they tend to look that way. So I decided they would look better on my chotchkies. All you have to do is place the object inside the pantyhose/tights leg and tie it off on top. If the tights don't have a "foot" you can tie a knot before you place the object inside and turn it inside out to hide the knot. The tighter you pull before the top knot, the more transparent (and in my case lace-like) it looks. Voila! A new look for an old knick knack.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...