Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Product Review - Brazilian Peel Clear by AHA

     I recently received a sample of the new Brazilian Peel Clear by AHA. My face had about 2-3 blemishes before the peel, so I had a good canvas for comparison. (Ever since my pregnancy last year my skin has been prone to more break outs.) I'm always up for new skin treatments since scientists find new chemical combinations on the regular.

    First, you have to remove all make-up and wash your face.
Scientific research here.

     Next, open the tube. You would think that this step doesn't need directions, but it makes the process easier. The treatment comes in a double tube, each syringe filled with one half of the treatment that is activated when you combine them.

     Twist the lid and pull straight out. It doesn't just screw off all the way, you have to remove it after you loosen it. Then, when you're ready, push the plunger down and squirt the entire contents into your hand. Mix together and apply to your face. It will feel very warm at first, then tight. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse and wash away any residue. Blot your face to dry.

     Immediately after the treatment, my skin did look brighter. I was pleased, until the next morning when I woke up with about 3x the blemishes. One thing to note is that in order for an acne treatment to work, it has to bring all of your blemishes to the surface. So even if you didn't know you had a zit there, it was just under the surface. After about 5-7 days my skin was a lot clearer than before the treatment. 

     This is a weekly treatment and it works, but that's because its a high concentration of salicylic acid, one of the most common topical acne treatments. It'll be in the neighborhood of $75-100, depending on who you buy it from. There are definitely cheaper solutions available. I'm aware that this is one of few professional strength peels available to consumers, but honestly it worked as well as a salicylic acid wash or moisturizer. Although I was impressed, because of the pricing for such a common treatment, I'm giving this 3 out of 5 stars.

     I'm always up for suggestions on new products to review! Let me know your thoughts on FaceBook at ClusterFudge's FB!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...