Saturday, May 19, 2012

Product Review - Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Liner

          The past month I've been using Laura Mercier's Tightline Cake eyeliner. It is, as the name implies, a cake liner. It comes in a cute little compact, and you apply it with a wet lining brush.



       I was very impressed with the versatility of this liner. Because it's a cake liner, you can make very bold, dramatic lines, and softer, smokier lines with the same product. The only thing you have to change is, obviously, your brush stroke and pressure; but also the amount of water you add to the brush makes a difference in the intensity. The more saturated the brush is, the more intense the color will be. Another great thing about the cake liner is that it lasts a long time, I've been using mine a month already and have barely made a dent in it. I go through eyeliner like Tammy Faye, so if it can last me a long time, it'll last the average woman forever!

Here it is used in a violet smokey eye:


      Overall, I was pleased. I'm giving this 4 out of 5 stars, because I still have to use Tigi's Perfect Liner for my inner rim, since it's a pencil. I'm okay with using both because pencil stays on the inner rim longer than brush application would, and I can still use the cake for the bottom, outside of the rim, since it can be blended easily. I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...