Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Product Review : Trend Tips by OPI



In my last Sephora order, I decided to get "Trend Tips" lacquer strips by OPI. I have never tried these before and they had a lot of cute designs, so I figured, "Why not?"

Let's get one thing straight, I am a barber, not a cosmetologist. My craft is hair, make-up, and shaving; not nails. I have seen five year olds that can paint nails better than me. I am terrible at painting nails. Having said that, I love these lacquer strips because I could apply them!

They come in a little foil packet and it tells you to use them all after you open them, but I sealed my left overs in a Ziploc bag and they lasted another week. There was enough to do my fingernails and toenails, plus it was so easy!

All you have to do is peel off the backing and press it onto your nail. After smoothing it,  file the edges off in a downward motion. This not only cuts the perfect shape, but helps seal the edges. It was not difficult at all, and I did both hands relatively quick. They don't have to dry or set, you can use and even wash your hands immediately after. They have stayed on for the past week (I know they'll last longer) without chipping. I've only had to replace one and that was because I ripped it off taking off a band-aid.

I was very impressed with these strips, they were only $12 and as mentioned before, I have zero talent for painting nails; so if I can do it, anyone can. I'm giving them 5 out of 5 stars because you can get a mani/pedi for $12 in about 12 minutes.

 My beautiful work. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...